AGRU America’s GeoClay® is a reinforced needle-punched geosynthetic clay liner that comprises a uniform layer of granular bentonite that is encapsulated between a woven and a nonwoven geotextile, or between two nonwoven geotextiles. These products are intended for moderate to steep slopes and moderate- to high-load applications, where increased internal shear strength is required.
AGRU GeoClay has applications in areas like primary or secondary containment in composite landfill cells and closures, mining leach pads, tailing impoundments, and reclamations as well as ponds and lagoons.
AGRU GeoClay is available in roll widths of up to 15.5’ and is hydraulically superior to several feet of 1×10-7 cm/sec compacted clay. The geosynthetic clay liner has high internal and interface shear strength for slope stability.
- One truckload covers 3⁄4 of an acre
- Natural sodium bentonite is self-healing and self-sealing
- Bentonite is compatible with typical municipal solid waste leachates and mining solutions
- Compatibility can be established with other waste streams. Site specific testing is always recommended
- AGRU GeoClay is installed more efficiently than traditional compacted clay layers
- Reduced CQA time and testing costs
Need Help Determining Which Product is Right For Your Application?
Interested in learning more about how one of our products can make a difference in your next project? Please reach out to us with your questions and one of our sales or technical staff will be happy to assist you.
We can help you determine your exact product or application-related needs. And because our products meet, and often exceed, industry standards you can rest assured knowing that you are getting the best solutions in the business.