These large diameter pipes are manufactured at AGRU’s cutting-edge XXL Pipe Production Facility in Charleston, SC and deliver better long-term hydraulic properties and operating expense savings. The pipe is extruded from PE 100 or PE 4710, and offer high resistance to corrosion, wear and tear, and UV radiation. AGRU’s large diameter pipes offer fast and efficient installation both on- and offshore.
Large diameter pipes by AGRU are available in sizes up to OD 3500 mm and 610 m in length. Fittings are also available. Designed for high volume flow applications such as cooling water intakes for power plants, large sewage systems, sea water desalination, or mining jobs, these pipes can tackle a range of applications. The ductility of PE withstands water hammers and pressure surges, where other materials would crack or burst. Large diameter pipes are available in a wide range of SDRs in accordance with recognized ISO or ASTM International pressure rating procedures.
The large diameter piping system is made from tough, durable extruded polyethylene, which never corrodes. This proven maintenance-free design saves operating costs compared to other solutions made from metallics or concrete. Additionally, polyethylene is highly flexible, lightweight, and easily welded.
Large Diameter Pipe Benefits
- A smooth internal pipe surface reduces biological growth and incrustations
- HDPE is corrosion-resistant, nontoxic, and resistant to chemicals
- Manufactured with high-quality PE to provide high-abrasion resistance
- Long-lasting, retaining long-term hydraulic properties
- Permanent low-head loss, which results in lower pumping costs.
- High-fatigue strength with proven resistance to seismic forces (impact and soil settlements)
- Withstands water hammers and pressure surges.
Need Help Determining Which Product is Right For Your Application?
Interested in learning more about how one of our products can make a difference in your next project? Please reach out to us with your questions and one of our sales or technical staff will be happy to assist you.
We can help you determine your exact product or application-related needs. And because our products meet, and often exceed, industry standards you can rest assured knowing that you are getting the best solutions in the business.