Large diameter pipe is produced at AGRU’s cutting-edge XXL Pipe Production Facility in Charleston, SC, delivering better long-term hydraulic properties and operating expense savings. AGRU’s large diameter pipe is extruded from PE4710 and offers high corrosion resistance, service life, and UV protection. AGRU’s XXL piping systems provide fast and efficient installation on- and offshore.
XXL Piping Systems by AGRU are available in sizes up to OD 3500 mm and 610 m in length. Fittings are also available. These pipes can tackle a range of applications designed for high-volume flow applications, such as cooling water intakes for power plants, large sewage systems, seawater desalination, or mining jobs. The ductility of PE withstands water hammers and pressure surges, where other materials would crack or burst. XXL piping systems are available in a wide range of SDRs. AGRU pipes adhere to ISO and ASTM International pressure rating procedures.
AGRU large diameter pipes support horizontal directional drilling and other trenchless installation technologies.
The XXL piping system is made from tough, durable extruded polyethylene, which never corrodes. This proven maintenance-free design saves operating costs compared to other solutions made from metallics or concrete. Additionally, polyethylene is highly flexible, lightweight, and easily welded.
XXL Piping System Benefits
- A smooth internal pipe surface reduces biological growth and incrustations
- HDPE is corrosion-resistant, nontoxic, and resistant to chemicals
- Manufactured with high-quality PE to provide high-abrasion resistance
- Long-lasting, retaining long-term hydraulic properties
- Permanent low-head loss, which results in lower pumping costs.
- High-fatigue strength with proven resistance to seismic forces (impact and soil settlements)
- Withstands water hammers and pressure surges.
Need Help Determining Which Product is Right For Your Application?
Interested in learning more about how one of our products can make a difference in your next project? Please reach out to us with your questions and one of our sales or technical staff will be happy to assist you.
We can help you determine your exact product or application-related needs. And because our products meet, and often exceed, industry standards you can rest assured knowing that you are getting the best solutions in the business.